Vegetarian hot dog with Tartiflette cheese & sweet potato fries
Ermitage cheese used : Tartiflette cheese
- A cheese for Original Ermitage tartiflette
- 1 small red onion
- Some cauliflower
- Some romanesco cabbage
- Some radish
- A dozen or so pink berries
- 3 juniper berries
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 sprigs of dill
- 2 sheets of laurel
- 1 teaspoon of seeds fennel
- 35cl of water
- 20cl of vinegar
- 30g of granulated sugar
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- A little bit of olive oil
- 4 hot dog buns
- 4 vegetable sausages
- 2 handfuls of young kale
- Ketchup sauce
PICKLES – to be prepared a few days in advance
- Cut the onion into strips, cut the cabbage into small pieces and slice the radishes.
- Mix the vinegar, sugar and water in a saucepan. Add the pink peppercorns, juniper berries, cloves of garlic (unpeeled) and bay leaves. Bring everything to the boil. Add the chopped vegetables and cook for 45 seconds.
- Place the dill sprigs in sterilised jars. Add the vegetables, filling to two-thirds, then cover with the boiling vinegar/water/aromatic mixture. Close the jars tightly, allow to cool and store in a cool place.
SWEET POTATO FRIES
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into sticks. Place them in an airtight container, add the paprika, pour in 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Close the box and shake so that each fry is coated with paprika and olive oil.
- Arrange the chips on a baking tray lined with baking paper, making sure they do not touch. Bake for 40 minutes at 180°C (gas mark 6), turning halfway through the cooking time.
- Cook the vegetable sausages in a pan of water for 4-5 minutes and then drain.
- Cut your hot dog buns in half. Brush the inside with a little English mustard and ketchup. Place a generous slice of tartiflette cheese on top. Place in the oven for 5 minutes to melt the tartiflette cheese (feel free to put it in the oven at the same time as the sweet potato fries).
- As soon as the cheese has melted, place a sausage inside each bun. Add a handful of young kale. Arrange the vegetable pickles on top.
- Serve with sweet potato fries.