Racly Egg Muffins
Ermitage cheese used : Racly
- 120g of Racly Ermitage
- 350g of wheat flour
- 20cl of milk
- 10g of fresh baker's yeast
- 40g of softened butter
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 6g of Salt
- A little semolina wheat
- 4 eggs
- about 50g of butter
- 8 thin slices of bacon
- Leaves of spinach
A little bit of
- Prepare the English muffins. Mix the flour, sugar and salt in a food processor. Warm the milk, add the yeast, mix, then pour over the flour and knead for 4-5 minutes on speed 1. When a dough forms a ball, add the butter and knead for a further 5 minutes.
- Flour a work surface, form the dough into a ball and leave to rise for 2 hours in a bowl. The dough should double in volume.
- When the dough has doubled in size, flour the work surface with the wheat flour and roll out the dough to 1-1.5cm thick.
- Cut circles with an 8cm cookie cutter. Cover with a cloth and leave to rise for 30 minutes.
- Heat a large frying pan over low heat. Bake the muffins for 5 minutes on each side. They should be well browned. Leave to cool on a wire rack. Keep 4 for the recipe, the rest can be stored in an airtight box for 2 days or in the freezer for 3 months.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C. Wash the baby spinach.
- Butter the inside of four 8cm diameter metal cookie cutters. Heat a frying pan over low heat. Add a little butter, arrange the cookie cutters, break the eggs into each cookie cutter. Cover and leave to cook for a few minutes.
While the eggs are cooking. Cut the muffins in half, butter the inside of each side, then brown them in a pan. Place the 4 bases on a sheet of baking paper (keep the muffin top aside). Add a generous slice of Racly cheese on top and bake for 3-4 minutes until the Racly cheese melts.
- Cook the bacon slices in a pan for 4-5 minutes. They should be golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the muffins from the oven, place a few spinach shoots on top of the Racly. Add one egg (gently remove it with a small knife if necessary), season. Add the bacon cut in half and place the top back on.
Brunch is served!
Discover our recipe suggestions
Brie marinated in maple syrup, coffee and pecans
Brie, strawberry, hazelnut and honey sandwich
Grilled Munster cheese, bacon and blackberry jam
Avocado toast with Fleur des Sources
Grilled asparagus with pancetta and From’Chaud