Pumpkin, green cabbage and apple gratin with Tartiflette cheese
Ermitage cheese used : Tartiflette cheese
- 1/3 of Original Ermitage tartiflette
- 2 shortcrust pastry
- 200g of green cabbage
- 200g of diced pumpkin
- 2 apples
- 1 yellow of egg
- Peel the apples, remove the core and dice the flesh.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the cabbage, pumpkin and apple. Cook the vegetables for 30-40 minutes, adding a little water halfway through the cooking time. Add salt and pepper. The pumpkin must be tender.
- Divide the vegetables between large ramekins or small casserole dishes. Add the tartiflette cheese on top.
- Cut shortcrust pastry discs the size of ramekins, making 6 legs (6-pointed star).
- Cover the ramekins with these pastry discs. Seal the edges well. Brush the shortcrust pastry with egg yolk.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (gas mark 6) and bake for 25 minutes.
This recipe was designed by Chef Nini.
You can find all his recipes on: www.chefnini.com
Outside the Halloween period, this recipe can be made without shortcrust pastry. Finish cooking under the grill to brown the tartiflette cheese.