Potato pie with Marcaire
Ermitage cheese used : Marcaire des Vosges
- 1 cheese Marcaire Ermitage
- 800g of firm-fleshed potatoes
- 50g sprouts spinach
- 1 onion
- 1 yellow of egg
- Pour water into a large saucepan and add the potatoes (unpeeled). Bake for 30-40 minutes: the potatoes should be tender.
- Drain them and let them cool before peeling them. Dice the potatoes.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Pour the potatoes combined with the onion into a baking dish.
- Add the spinach leaves and the chopped cheese on top.
- Cover the baking dish with the shortcrust pastry. Cut off the excess dough and seal the edges of the dish. Make a hole in the centre to allow steam to escape.
- Brush the dough with the egg yolk.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (gas mark 6) and bake for 35 minutes.
This recipe was designed by Chef Nini.
You can find all his recipes on: www.chefnini.com
Serve this pie as an accompaniment to white meat, roast pork or veal, chicken legs…