Potato churros with Munster sauce
Ermitage cheese used : Munster
- 150g of Munster Ermitage
- 300g of potatoes
- 50g + 20g of butter
- 60ml of milk
- 65ml of water
- 80g of wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 2g of Salt
- 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar
- A bouquet of chive
- 15cl of liquid cream
- 1 shallot
- 10cl of dry white wine
- Frying oil
- Boil the peeled potatoes for 25 minutes. The flesh must be firm. Drain and strain the potatoes through a sieve to obtain a very smooth purée. Put to one side.
- Finely chop the chives.
- Prepare the Munster sauce: fry the finely chopped shallot in 20 g of butter. As soon as the shallot is translucent, add the white wine and reduce for 5 minutes, add the cream and then the Munster cheese. Cook over a low heat, stirring, until the Munster cheese has completely melted. Add some chopped chives.
- In a saucepan, bring the milk, water, 50g of diced butter, a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of sugar to a gentle boil.
- Off the heat, add the flour all at once and mix vigorously. Pour the dough into a bowl and work with a spatula. Add the beaten eggs in 4 batches, mixing well before adding more. Add the mashed potatoes. Season and add some chopped chives. Place in a piping bag fitted with a fluted tip or into a churro maker.
- Heat the frying oil to 170°C. Poach approx. 7cm long pieces and cook for 5 minutes. Careful of oil splashes.
- Drain on paper towels.
Serve quickly with the hot Munster cheese sauce!