Petit Choux with Carré Roussot and rhubarb chutney
Ermitage cheese used : Carré Roussot
- ½ Carré Roussot Ermitage
- 30g of butter
- 12.5cl of water
- 60g of wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 250g of rhubarb
- 90g of granulated sugar
- ½ onion
- 5cl of balsamic vinegar
- Bring the water and butter to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and add all the flour.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until the water is absorbed, then return to a low heat.
- Stir constantly until the dough forms a ball that comes away from the side of the pan.
- Pour the dough into a bowl, let it cool and then add an egg. Mix until it is completely incorporated into the dough before adding the second egg.
- Using a piping bag, pipe the mixture onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake at 180°C (gas mark 6) for 25 minutes.
- Place the rhubarb, chopped onion, sugar and vinegar in a saucepan and cook over medium heat for 45 minutes.
- Cut the choux pastries in half.
- Add a small spoonful of chutney and a piece of Carré Roussot.
- Reseal the choux.
- When ready to serve, reheat the choux for 5 minutes at 180°C (gas mark 6) until the cheese has melted.
You can blend the chutney to make it smooth!