Petit Choux with Carré Roussot and rhubarb chutney
Ermitage cheese used : Carré Roussot
- ½ Carré Roussot Ermitage
- 30g of butter
- 12.5cl of water
- 60g of wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 250g of rhubarb
- 90g of granulated sugar
- ½ onion
- 5cl of balsamic vinegar
- Bring the water and butter to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and add all the flour.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until the water is absorbed, then return to a low heat.
- Stir constantly until the dough forms a ball that comes away from the side of the pan.
- Pour the dough into a bowl, let it cool and then add an egg. Mix until it is completely incorporated into the dough before adding the second egg.
- Using a piping bag, pipe the mixture onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake at 180°C (gas mark 6) for 25 minutes.
- Place the rhubarb, chopped onion, sugar and vinegar in a saucepan and cook over medium heat for 45 minutes.
- Cut the choux pastries in half.
- Add a small spoonful of chutney and a piece of Carré Roussot.
- Reseal the choux.
- When ready to serve, reheat the choux for 5 minutes at 180°C (gas mark 6) until the cheese has melted.
You can blend the chutney to make it smooth!
Discover our recipe suggestions
Brie marinated in maple syrup, coffee and pecans
Brie, strawberry, hazelnut and honey sandwich
Grilled Munster cheese, bacon and blackberry jam
Avocado toast with Fleur des Sources
Grilled asparagus with pancetta and From’Chaud