Munster floating islands
Ermitage cheese used : Munster
- 200g of Munster Ermitage
- 4 eggs
- 30cl of milk
- 10cl of dry white wine
- 15g of cornflour
- 5cl of c liquid cream
- Some crushed hazelnuts
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- Melt the chopped Munster cheese with the milk. Mix and season with pepper, add the white wine and leave on a low heat for 5 minutes. Strain the mixture.
- Whisk the egg yolks with the cornflour, then pour the hot Munster milk over them. Return to a saucepan and cook until thickened. Add the cream and mix. Leave to cool, covered.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, adding a little salt. Bring a pan of water to the boil. Using an ice-cream scoop, make small balls of egg whites and poach them in boiling water for 30 seconds. Drain on paper towels.
- Place into verrines: pour the warm Munster cream over the top, then place a poached egg white on top. Sprinkle with a few chopped hazelnuts. Serve with a breadstick.
Chop and roast the hazelnuts in the oven!