Munster floating islands
Ermitage cheese used : Munster
- 200g of Munster Ermitage
- 4 eggs
- 30cl of milk
- 10cl of dry white wine
- 15g of cornflour
- 5cl of c liquid cream
- Some crushed hazelnuts
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- Melt the chopped Munster cheese with the milk. Mix and season with pepper, add the white wine and leave on a low heat for 5 minutes. Strain the mixture.
- Whisk the egg yolks with the cornflour, then pour the hot Munster milk over them. Return to a saucepan and cook until thickened. Add the cream and mix. Leave to cool, covered.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, adding a little salt. Bring a pan of water to the boil. Using an ice-cream scoop, make small balls of egg whites and poach them in boiling water for 30 seconds. Drain on paper towels.
- Place into verrines: pour the warm Munster cream over the top, then place a poached egg white on top. Sprinkle with a few chopped hazelnuts. Serve with a breadstick.
Chop and roast the hazelnuts in the oven!
Discover our recipe suggestions
Brie marinated in maple syrup, coffee and pecans
Brie, strawberry, hazelnut and honey sandwich
Grilled Munster cheese, bacon and blackberry jam
Avocado toast with Fleur des Sources
Grilled asparagus with pancetta and From’Chaud