Millefeuilles with pastry sheets and Marcaire
Ermitage cheese used : Marcaire des Vosges
- 200g of Marcaire Ermitage
- 8 brick sheets
- 2 apples
- 200g of granulated sugar
- 20cl of cider
- 30g of butter
- A little bit of olive oil
- Pour the sugar into a saucepan and gently melt into a caramel. Heat the cider in a separate pan.
- Slowly pour the hot cider into the caramel. Be careful of it splashing. Add the butter. Bring to the boil for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Cut out 32 circles of 6cm in diameter from the filo pastry sheets.
- Brush the sheets with olive oil and put them together 2 by 2.
- Cut the apples into thin slices, having removed the cores beforehand. Cut the Marcaire into slices.
- Place a sheet of greaseproof paper on top. Place a pair of filo pastry sheets on top. Add a slice of apple, then a piece of Marcaire and some caramel sauce. Repeat twice and finish the millefeuille with 2 sheets of filo pastry.
- Repeat for the other millefeuilles.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (gas mark 6) and bake for 10 minutes.
Discover our recipe suggestions
Brie marinated in maple syrup, coffee and pecans
Brie, strawberry, hazelnut and honey sandwich
Grilled Munster cheese, bacon and blackberry jam
Avocado toast with Fleur des Sources
Grilled asparagus with pancetta and From’Chaud