Marcaire cheese naan and beetroot spread
Ermitage cheese used : Marcaire des Vosges
- 500g of Marcaire Ermitage
- 150ml of water
- 125g + 30g of greek yogurt
- 5cl of sunflower oil
- 1 c. to c. Of granulated sugar
- ½ c. to c. Of baking powder
- 10g of fresh baker's yeast
- 250g of cooked beets
- 1 tablespoon of tahini (sesame puree)
- 1 small bunch of fresh coriander
- A little bit of olive oil
- The juice of half a lemon
- A little bit of sesame
- Prepare the dough for the cheese naan; using a food processor and dough hook, combine the flour, sugar, crumbled baker’s yeast and baking powder. Add the yoghurt, water, oil and salt. Knead, adding a little water if the dough is too dry, until you obtain a smooth and supple dough (approx. 10 minutes kneading time).
- Form the dough into a ball, place in a bowl, wrap in plastic wrap and leave to rest for 1-2 hours. The dough should double in volume.
- Meanwhile, prepare the spread; mix the beetroot with the yoghurt, 2 spoons of olive oil, the tahini, the lemon juice and a little washed fresh coriander. Season and set aside in a cool place.
- Cut the Marcaire into slices so that you can spread it evenly over 8 cheese naans afterwards.
- When the dough has doubled in size, deflate it and cut it into 16 equal pieces.
- Roll out 2 pieces to 3mm thickness. Spread 1/8 of the Marcaire on a piece of rolled out pastry, then close with another pastry disc. If the dough does not stick together well enough, add a little water. Repeat the step until you have 8 cheese naans.
- Cook the cheese naans one at a time in a hot pan for 5 minutes on each side, with the lid on. They must be well toasted.
- Dab some butter on top when cooked.
- Serve quickly with the beetroot spread.