Marcaire cheese naan and beetroot spread
Ermitage cheese used : Marcaire des Vosges
- 500g of Marcaire Ermitage
- 150ml of water
- 125g + 30g of greek yogurt
- 5cl of sunflower oil
- 1 c. to c. Of granulated sugar
- ½ c. to c. Of baking powder
- 10g of fresh baker's yeast
- 250g of cooked beets
- 1 tablespoon of tahini (sesame puree)
- 1 small bunch of fresh coriander
- A little bit of olive oil
- The juice of half a lemon
- A little bit of sesame
- Prepare the dough for the cheese naan; using a food processor and dough hook, combine the flour, sugar, crumbled baker’s yeast and baking powder. Add the yoghurt, water, oil and salt. Knead, adding a little water if the dough is too dry, until you obtain a smooth and supple dough (approx. 10 minutes kneading time).
- Form the dough into a ball, place in a bowl, wrap in plastic wrap and leave to rest for 1-2 hours. The dough should double in volume.
- Meanwhile, prepare the spread; mix the beetroot with the yoghurt, 2 spoons of olive oil, the tahini, the lemon juice and a little washed fresh coriander. Season and set aside in a cool place.
- Cut the Marcaire into slices so that you can spread it evenly over 8 cheese naans afterwards.
- When the dough has doubled in size, deflate it and cut it into 16 equal pieces.
- Roll out 2 pieces to 3mm thickness. Spread 1/8 of the Marcaire on a piece of rolled out pastry, then close with another pastry disc. If the dough does not stick together well enough, add a little water. Repeat the step until you have 8 cheese naans.
- Cook the cheese naans one at a time in a hot pan for 5 minutes on each side, with the lid on. They must be well toasted.
- Dab some butter on top when cooked.
- Serve quickly with the beetroot spread.
Discover our recipe suggestions
Brie marinated in maple syrup, coffee and pecans
Brie, strawberry, hazelnut and honey sandwich
Grilled Munster cheese, bacon and blackberry jam
Avocado toast with Fleur des Sources
Grilled asparagus with pancetta and From’Chaud