French Toast with Royal Crémeux, blueberries and peaches
Ermitage cheese used : Royal Crémeux
- 125g of Royal Crémeux
- 8 slices of stale breads
- 2 eggs
- 2 peaches
- 125g of blueberries
- 40g of butter
- Some honey
- Some dried thyme
- Some fresh basilic
- Wash the fruit. Cut the peaches into small quarters. Grill the peaches for 2-3 minutes to give them a toasted flavour (optional).
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (gas mark 6).
- In a bowl, beat the eggs. Add the milk. Dip the bread slices into the egg mixture. Be careful not to make the slices too thin (about 1.5-2cm thick).
- Heat a frying pan. Add the butter. As soon as it has melted, brown the soaked bread slices on both sides. Allow 1-2 minutes cooking time per side.
- Arrange in a dish. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and a little fresh thyme. Top with slices of Royal Crémeux, peaches and blueberries, drizzle with honey. Bake for 7-10 minutes.
- Serve on plates with a few fresh basil leaves.
The ideal recipe for a brunch or a sweet and sour breakfast!