Endives with smoked salmon and Morbier cheese
Ermitage cheese used : Morbier
- 100g of morbier Ermitage
- 4 endives
- 4 slices of smoked salmon
- 40g of wheat flour
- 40g of butter
- 60cl of milk
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and plunge in the endives. Leave to cook for 20 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes, whisking to combine.
- Add the milk a little at a time while whisking until you have a smooth cream.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap each endive with a slice of smoked salmon.
- Place in a baking dish.
- Cover with béchamel sauce and grated Morbier cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (gas mark 6) and bake for 25 minutes.