Emmental Grand Cru – a trio of canapes
Ermitage cheese used : Emmental Grand Cru Label Rouge
- 150g of Emmental Grand Cru Ermitage
- 80g of granulated sugar
- Seeds of sesame
- 12 dried apricots
- 2 slices of white ham
- Sea Salt
- Place a sheet of baking paper on a baking tray.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C (gas mark 6).
- Place small heaps of grated cheese on top of each other, each 4-5cm in diameter (approx. 50g of Emmental).
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and season with salt and pepper.
- Repeat until you run out.
Love apple sticks
- Cut 80g of Emmental cheese into sticks.
- Melt the sugar into caramel.
- Spoon out a little caramel and coat the sticks, 1-2 cm thick. Dip in sesame seeds. Do not dip the sticks into the caramel as the cheese may melt.
- Cut the apricots in half.
- Add a piece of cheese (20g) and some ham.
- Serve on sticks.