Courgettes stuffed with wheat, vegetables and From’Chaud
Ermitage cheese used : From’Chaud
- 1 From’ Chaud
- 4 zucchinis
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 half red bell pepper
- 1 half yeallow bell pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 70g of wheat
- From the olive oil
- 1 small glass of dry white wine
- Leaves of fresh basilic
- Cook the wheat according to the cooking instructions on the package. With pre-cooked wheat such as Ebly, allow about 10 minutes, and 30 minutes for durum wheat.
- Clean the courgettes and cut them in half lengthways. Scoop out the inside with a spoon.
- Steam the courgettes for 10 minutes.
- Chop the courgette flesh very finely. Finely chop the onion, mince the garlic and dice the carrots and peppers.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat a large frying pan. Add a good drizzle of olive oil and fry the garlic, onion and courgette flesh for 3-4 minutes over a medium heat (it should not colour).
- Add the carrots and peppers. Add olive oil if necessary. Fry for a few minutes. Add the wine and cook over a low heat until the wine is absorbed (the wine can be replaced by water). Add the wheat and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Season the mixture with salt, pepper and chopped basil. Cut slices of From’Chaud. Cut these slices in half lengthwise to make long sticks. Place a stick in the bottom of a courgette, cover generously with vegetable and wheat filling, then add a From’Chaud stick again. Repeat the process with the remaining courgettes.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
Serve with a fresh tomato salad.