Courgette and chicken cannelloni with Morbier sauce
Ermitage cheese used : Morbier
- 1 portion of morbier Ermitage
- 16 tubes cannelloni
- 2 zucchinis
- 3 filets of chicken
- 40g of butter
- 40g of wheat flour
- 60cl of milk
- 2 onions
- Peel and chop the onions. Cut the chicken into pieces and then chop it. Cut the courgettes into small cubes (they will need to be included in the cannelloni tubes).
- Heat a frying pan with a little fat and cook the courgettes and onions over medium heat, stirring regularly.
- Add the chicken. Add salt and pepper and combine. Cook until the chicken is perfectly cooked.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Morbier sauce. Melt the butter in a pan and add the flour. Leave to cook for 1-2 minutes before beginning to pour the milk in, a little at a time, while whisking. Stop adding the milk when the sauce thickens.
- Add the diced Morbier cheese and mix until it has melted. Salt and pepper
- Pour (roughly) half of the sauce into the filling.
- Fill the cannelloni tubes with the mixture. To make this step easier, put the filling in a piping bag without a nozzle.
- Pour some of the sauce into the bottom of a baking dish. Place the cannelloni side by side and cover with a final layer of sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (gas mark 6) and bake for 30 minutes.
This recipe was designed by Chef Nini.
You can find all his recipes on: www.chefnini.com
Prepare the cannelloni in advance, letting them sit before baking.