Cordon bleu with Munster cheese and spinach
Ermitage cheese used : Munster
- 100g of Munster Ermitage
- 4 turkey cutlets
- 4 slices of white ham
- 200g sprouts spinach
- A little bit of butter
- 2 eggs
- 70g of wheat flour
- 100g of breadcrumbs
- A little bit of Salt
- optional: 1 clove of garlic
- optional: fresh thyme
- Quickly fry the spinach in a buttered pan, add a little salt and set aside.
- Prepare three soup plates: one with the flour, one with the 2 beaten eggs seasoned with salt and pepper and the last with the breadcrumbs.
- Place the cutlets between 2 sheets of baking paper and lightly tap them with a rolling pin to tenderise them.
- Season one side of the cutlets with salt and pepper. Spread the spinach over the cutlets, place a slice of ham on top and then a slice of Munster cheese weighing about 30 g. Fold the stuffed cutlets in half.
- Roll them in the flour and pat off the excess. Then dip them in the beaten eggs and coat them with breadcrumbs.
- Heat a frying pan with butter and a dash of olive oil. Add the garlic clove and thyme and leave to infuse until the butter has melted.
- Brown the cordon bleus. Allow 5 minutes per side over medium heat.
Serve quickly with a baby spinach salad, homemade mashed potatoes or some chips.
You can also use chicken cutlets instead of turkey cutlets.