Cod fillet in a marcaire and hazelnut crumble
Ermitage cheese used : Marcaire des Vosges
- 90g of Marcaire Ermitage
- 40g of wheat flour
- 30g powder of crushed hazelnuts
- 30g of crushed hazelnuts
- 40g of butter
- 4 steaks of cod
- 2 bok choy cabbage
- A dozen small zucchinis
- Some fresh thyme
- A little bit of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (gas mark 6).
- Roast the hazelnuts for 10 minutes in the oven. Once golden, remove from the oven and place in a tea towel. Rub to remove the skin.
- Roughly chop them.
- Prepare the crumble by mixing the flour, hazelnut powder, chopped hazelnuts and butter using your fingers. Add salt and pepper and a few fresh thyme leaves. Cut the Marcaire into small cubes. Combine with the crumble and stir with a spoon.
- Place the cod steaks on a sheet of baking paper in an ovenproof dish. Spread the crumble on top of each steak. Bake for 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the steaks.
- To accompany the cod steaks, fry small courgettes cut into 2 (or 4 depending on their size) in a little olive oil with salt and pepper. They should be al dente. Or fry some bok choi in a little olive oil, add a little water, cover and leave to brown for a few minutes.
- Arrange the cod steaks on the plates with the crispy vegetables.
You can choose any green vegetables to accompany the fish!
Discover our recipe suggestions
Brie marinated in maple syrup, coffee and pecans
Brie, strawberry, hazelnut and honey sandwich
Grilled Munster cheese, bacon and blackberry jam
Avocado toast with Fleur des Sources
Grilled asparagus with pancetta and From’Chaud