Choux pastry cheese puffs with Tome du Lomont and Béchamel sauce
Ermitage cheese used : Tome du Lomont
- 40g of Tome du Lomont
- 30g of butter
- 12.5cl of water
- 62g of wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- Sea Salt
- 2 slices of white ham
- 8 mushrooms of Paris
- 40cl of bechamel
- Bring the water and butter to the boil.
- Remove from heat and add all the flour.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until the water is absorbed and return to a low heat.
- Stir constantly until the dough is dry (it should form a ball that comes off the side of the pan).
- Pour the dough into a bowl and let it cool. Add the first egg. Mix until it is completely incorporated into the dough.
- Repeat with the other egg.
- Add the Tome du Lomont and mix well.
- Using a piping bag, pipe the dough into balls, taking care to space them out as much as possible as the choux will expand.
- Add pepper and a little sea salt.
- Bake at 180°C (gas mark 6) for 25 minutes in a rotating oven.
- Chop and fry the mushrooms in a little fat.
- Mix them with the chopped ham and the béchamel sauce. Add a little salt.
- Cut the choux in half and fill them with the stuffing.
- Heat for 5 minutes in the oven at 200 °C (gas mark 6) before serving.
This recipe was designed by Chef Nini.
You can find all his recipes on: www.chefnini.com
Prepare the choux and filling in advance and garnish at the last minute. Store the choux in a metal tin.