Brie marinated in maple syrup, coffee and pecans
Ermitage cheese used : Brie
- 1 Minibri Ermitage
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons of neutral oil (grapeseed or sunflower)
- 1 teaspoon of cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of coffee beans
- A dozen or so pecan nuts
- A little bit of Salt
- 1 small leaf of rosemary
- Cut the Minibri into 8 pieces.
- Combine maple syrup, cider vinegar, oil and rosemary. Season to taste.
- Coarsely chop half the pecans and the coffee beans. Add to the previous mixture to create a marinade.
- Pour the marinade into an airtight container and add the Minibri pieces. All pieces must be covered with the marinade.
- Place in a cool place for 24 to 48 hours. Turn the pieces of Brie every 2-3 hours so that all the cheese is well marinated.
- Serve, draining the cheese well. Serve with the remaining pecans and fresh slices of farmhouse bread.
The rosemary sprig is optional, but it really makes a difference!