Braided Brioche with Munster cheese
Ermitage cheese used : Munster
- 125g of Munster Ermitage
- 25cl of liquid cream
- 150g of morels
- 500g of wheat flour
- 1 bag of dehydrated baker's yeast
- 20cl of milk
- 100g of butter
- 1 egg
- 1 yellow of egg
- ½ tablespoon of Salt
- Place the flour, yeast, salt, milk, egg and chopped butter in the bowl of a food processor or mixing bowl and knead until it forms a smooth ball.
- Cover and leave the dough to rest for 3 hours, it should double in size.
- Melt the Munster cheese with the cream over a low heat.
- Meanwhile, fry the morels in a little fat for 10 minutes. Cut them into small pieces and pour into the cheese sauce.
- Let the sauce cool and thicken in the refrigerator.
- Roll out the dough on a floured work surface into a rectangle of about 50×30cm.
- Spread the cheese cream and roll out the pastry along the longest edge.
- Cut the resulting sausage in half lengthwise and braid the 2 pieces (passing them one under the other).
- Form a circle and stick the two ends together.
- Brush with egg yolk.
- Leave to rest for 30 minutes, then bake for 30 minutes at 180°C, then lower the oven temperature to 160°C and continue baking for 10 minutes. Allow to cool completely.