Indian chicken skewers dipped in Mont-d’Or
Ermitage cheese used : Mont d’Or
- 1 mini Mont d’Or Le Montagnon
- 5cl of dry white wine
- 500g white meat chicken
- 200g of natural yogurt
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 small piece of finely grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of hot pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- ½ bunch of fresh coriander
Rest time: 3 hours
- Mix the yoghurt with the juice of half a lemon, the spices, the grated ginger and a clove of garlic. Season and add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and the honey. Finely chop a little coriander and mix with the rest.
- Cut the chicken fillets into large pieces (3-4 cm square). Combine them into the yoghurt marinade and leave to stand in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Prepare the Mont-d’Or: lightly hollow out the centre, pour in the white wine, add a clove of garlic and season with pepper. Place in the oven for 20 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and stick them onto skewers. Cook on a cast iron grill for 5 minutes on both sides. (or cook the skewers in the oven for 5 minutes on each side). The chicken should be cooked through, continue cooking if necessary.
- Dip the skewers in the Mont d’Or and enjoy.