Bao buns with Raclette
Ermitage cheese used : Raclette and raclette cheese
- Some slices of Ermitage non-GMO raclette cheese
- 350g of wheat flour
- 1 bag of dehydrated baker's yeast
- ¼ teaspoon of food bicarbonate
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 15cl of milk
- 1.5cl of sunflower oil
- 4 slices of asparagus
- 1 fillet of chicken
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon of breadcrumbs
- 2 strands of chive
- Place the flour, yeast, bicarbonate of soda, sugar, milk and oil in a bowl or food processor.
- Knead into a soft ball. Cover the bowl and leave to rise for at least 2 hours at room temperature. The dough should double in volume.
- Cut the dough into 12 pieces and shape them into balls.
- Flatten them with a roller to obtain a circle of about 10cm.
- Brush with a little oil and fold in half. Place on a piece of baking paper.
- Leave for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Heat a steamer. Place the bao buns in the steamer (keep the parchment paper on). Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining buns.
- Cut the chicken into thin strips.
- Chop the onion.
- Cut the slices of raclette cheese into small sticks.
- Heat 1cm of oil in a pan.
- Dip the chicken pieces and fry. Pour in the breadcrumbs midway through the cooking process. The chicken should be well browned.
- Top the bao buns with the chicken, add onion and raclette cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (gas mark 6) and put in the oven for 5 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
- Add some chopped chives.